ACCWS Application Agreement
ALL APPLICANTS FOR MEMBERSHIP MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS:
- I hereby apply to the American College of Clinical Wound Specialists (the College) for membership in the College in accordance with and subject to the procedures and regulations of the College. I agree to the disqualification from membership and to forfeiture and redelivery of any certificate or other indicia of membership granted me by the College in the event that any of the statements or answers made by me in this application is false or in the event that I violate any of the rules or regulation of the College.
- I understand that email is an expedient communication vehicle to send messages to the College membership. Because of the versatility and ubiquity of email technology, ACCWS recognizes and has established the use of email as an official means of communication. This policy defines the appropriate use of any Fellow’s email address for usage in membership and professional communication and reserves the right to distribute the membership list as its see fit.
- The American College of Clinical Wound Specialists (ACCWS) occasionally makes its members’ addresses (excluding telephone numbers) available to vendors who provide products and services to the wound care community. All vendors and correspondence are reviewed and other measures taken by the ACCWS to ensure that the information is used in accordance with the ACCWS policy.
- I authorize the College to make whatever inquiries and investigations it deems necessary to verify my credentials and my professional standing.
- I understand that this application and any information or material received or generated by the College in connection with my membership will be kept confidential and will not be released unless I have authorized such release or such release is required by law. However, the fact that I am or am not, or have or have not been, certified is a matter of public record and may be disclosed. Finally, I allow the College to use information from my application for the purposes of statistical analysis, provide that my personal identification with the information has been deleted.
- I hereby agree to hold the College, its officers, directors, examiners, employees and agent, harmless from any complaint, claim or damage arising out of any action or omission by any of them in connection with this application, the application process and the failure to issue me or any demand for forfeiture or redelivery of, any indicia of membership.
- The Journal of the American College of Clinical Wound Specialists magazine subscription price of one year ($35USD) is included in membership dues, and member may not deduct subscription price from dues.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT THE DECISION AS TO WHETHER I QUALIFY FOR MEMBERSHIP RESTS SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE COLLEGE AND THAT THE DECIONS OF THE BOARD ARE FINAL.