Become a Member
The American College of Clinical Wound Specialists is dedicated to the advocacy, ongoing wound care education, and support of credentialed wound care providers of all disciplines. Our members strive to improve the public’s health by practicing and encouraging evidence-based wound care management to promote healing.
As a member of the College, you join a network of certified wound care providers from various medical disciplines. A unifying body of interdisciplinary practitioners, ACCWS seeks to provide members with the most relevant and current evidence-based wound care education and information. Members have a chance to stay up-to-date in wound care through the College’s annual symposium. Check out our Events calendar for upcoming wound-related conferences and training opportunities. The college’s offerings span the regional, national and international levels.
Benefits of membership:
- Stay connected with our Membership Directory
- Use of Professional Credentials – FACCWS, ACCWS,
- Annual Symposium
- Access to Complimentary Wound Source Publications
- Quarterly Newsletters featuring postings our members and current wound care information
- Members have the opportunity to submit articles to be posted to our blog, newsletter, and social media after peer review
- Virtual Quarterly Round Table Discussion – live educational forums to present and discuss challenging clinical cases
- Facebook Discussion Group
- Access to the Journal of Woundcare. Register Here.
Membership: Fellow $175
Want to Become a Fellow (FACCWS)?
If you possess any of the credentials listed below and wish to become a Fellow.
- ABWMS – American Board of Wound Medicine and Surgery
- CWS® – American Board of Wound Management
- CWSP® – American Board of Wound Management
- WCC® – National Alliance of Wound Care
- CWOCN®, CWCN®, CWON® – Wound, Ostomy and Continence Certification
- CWOCN-AP, CWCN-AP, CWON-AP – Wound, Ostomy and Continence Certification (new advanced practice credentials)
- Diplomate of the Board of Multiple Specialties* – American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry
- ABPM/ABEM-UHM – American Board of Preventive Medicine/American Board of Emergency Medicine Board Certification in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Specialist in Wound Management Physical Therapy by the APTA American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
*Certified in Diabetic Foot Wounds and Diabetic Footwear and Limb Salvage
Membership: Associate $150
Not (Yet) Credentialed? – Join as an Associate!
If you work in Wound Care but do not possess any of the credentials required to become a Fellow of the College, you can still enjoy most of the ACCWS Membership Benefits by joining as an Associate. You may apply for an Associate Membership if you:
- are currently credentialed as a Certified Wound Care Associate® (CWCA®) by the American Board of Wound Management (ABWM); or
- have at least five years’ experience in wound care and hold a baccalaureate degree; or
- have at least two years’ experience in wound care and hold a master’s degree or higher; or
- are actively working in the wound care field (e.g, research), and hold a doctorate in a related field.
Membership: International $100
Are you interested in joining ACCWS, but you do not live in the United States or Canada? You may apply for an International Membership if you:
- have an international equivalent degree in nursing, physical therapy, podiatry, or medicine with at least 2 years of documented wound care experience; or
- meet the criteria of any of the other ACCWS Membership Categories.
Membership: Student - FREE
A Special Deal for Students!
Are you a student studying in the field of nursing, physical therapy, podiatry, allopathic or osteopathic medicine? If you are also interested in wound care, you may join the College and receive a special student discount.
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.
**Students will need to upload proof of enrollment during check out in lieu of certificate: copy of student id, unofficial transcript, most recent course schedule, etc.
What We Can Do For You
Check out what we’re up to at Wound Industry News! A members-only repository that details new advancements, events, and anything else noteworthy in Wound care!