As a member of the College, you join a network of certified wound care providers from various medical disciplines. A unifying body of interdisciplinary practitioners, ACCWS seeks to provide members with the most relevant and current evidence-based wound care education and information. Members have a chance to stay up-to-date in wound care through the College’s annual symposium. Check out our Events calendar for upcoming wound-related conferences and training opportunities. The college’s offerings span the regional, national and international levels.
Benefits of membership:
- Stay connected with our Membership Directory
- Use of Professional Credentials – FACCWS, ACCWS,
- Annual Symposium
- Access to Complimentary Wound Source Publications
- Quarterly Newsletters featuring postings our members and current wound care information
- Members have the opportunity to submit articles to be posted to our blog, newsletter, and social media after peer review
- Virtual Quarterly Round Table Discussion – live educational forums to present and discuss challenging clinical cases
- Facebook Discussion Group
Membership: Fellow $175
Want to Become a Fellow (FACCWS)?
If you possess any of the credentials listed below and wish to become a Fellow.
- ABWMS – American Board of Wound Medicine and Surgery
- CWS® – American Board of Wound Management
- CWSP® – American Board of Wound Management
- WCC® – National Alliance of Wound Care
- CWOCN®, CWCN®, CWON® – Wound, Ostomy and Continence Certification
- CWOCN-AP, CWCN-AP, CWON-AP – Wound, Ostomy and Continence Certification (new advanced practice credentials)
- Diplomate of the Board of Multiple Specialties* – American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry
- ABPM/ABEM-UHM – American Board of Preventive Medicine/American Board of Emergency Medicine Board Certification in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
*Certified in Diabetic Foot Wounds and Diabetic Footwear and Limb Salvage
Membership: Associate $150
Not (Yet) Credentialed? – Join as an Associate!
If you work in Wound Care but do not possess any of the credentials required to become a Fellow of the College, you can still enjoy most of the ACCWS Membership Benefits by joining as an Associate. You may apply for an Associate Membership if you:
- are currently credentialed as a Certified Wound Care Associate® (CWCA®) by the American Board of Wound Management (ABWM); or
- have at least five years’ experience in wound care and hold a baccalaureate degree; or
- have at least two years’ experience in wound care and hold a master’s degree or higher; or
- are actively working in the wound care field (e.g, research), and hold a doctorate in a related field.
Membership: International $100
Are you interested in joining ACCWS, but you do not live in the United States or Canada? You may apply for an International Membership if you:
- have an international equivalent degree in nursing, physical therapy, podiatry, or medicine with at least 2 years of documented wound care experience; or
- meet the criteria of any of the other ACCWS Membership Categories.
Membership: Student $50
A Special Deal for Students!
Are you a student studying in the field of nursing, physical therapy, podiatry, allopathic or osteopathic medicine? If you are also interested in wound care, you may join the College and receive a special student discount.